Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just Say No

I need to remind myself that it is okay to say no. In fact it's biblical! (Okay, somewhat biblical. If I don't have time to keep my head on straight, I definitely don't have time for God - therefore, biblical)

For example: Vacation Bible School. Honestly, I have no time to volunteer this year. We are going to Michigan right before VBS starts, my ethics class ends the same week as VBS and I need to take my insurance exams for work. All things that trump VBS. And yet ... I still said yes. I felt pressured to say yes. Sometimes I think that people think that I should volunteer more because we don't have kids. But ... despite what you might think I am busy. Sometimes I feel like the busiest person I know. I have worked twenty 8 hour days straight. I am in graduate school. I help run a household. I am exhausted. So it probably wasn't smart of me to have friends over for supper tonight and have had hosted people Friday and Saturday night too. I think I am losing my mind.

No comments: